Summer Camps and COVID-19
June 09, 2021
School is out, and for kids that often means attending summer camps for fun and learning, too. Since COVID-19 has changed the world we once lived in, there are new concerns for parents, guardians, and camp operators for keeping kids safe. The CDC has continued to work hard since last summer to understand what precautions should be taken and how to implement them. If you’re sending a child to camp, or working in one, then familiarizing yourself with some of these methods (and helping kids understand them ahead of time) is a great start to preparing for summer camp season! Below we have a few points of the CDC’s Guidance for Operating Youth and Summer Camps During COVID-19.
- For eligible kids, get vaccinated.
- Talk to kids about what to expect.
- Practice social distancing and wearing masks.
- Supply and explain visual aids to help guide physical social distancing.
- Remember to wash or sanitize hands frequently.
- Camps can put temperature and health screening questions in place before the start of each day.
- Favor outdoor activities in order allow for fresher air.
- Develop camp policies that are flexible for unforeseen illness of campers.
- Consider “cohorting” strategies – where smaller groups stay together throughout the week instead of mixed groups.
- Limit shared objects between campers.
For more information please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/summer-camps.html.
Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! We offer COVID-19 vaccination at the Roswell and Sugar Hill centers. Click here for our page on vaccine facts and links to schedule your visit. Rapid Antigen and send-out PCR COVID-19 testing, as well as COVID-19 antibody testing is available, too! To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here! For information on E-registration to save time click here. Telemedicine options are available here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!